Here's how you can invite your friends

Or use the form below to invite via email:
customize your invite message:
send this invite to my friends:
+ Add more emails
Or use this link to invite your friends elsewhere:
https://community.heimvision.com/entry/register/invite31register

HM245 DVR Security System

HeimVision now launches its new product: HM245 DVR surveillance system. As a DVR (Digital Video Recorder), HM245 features its stable connection. With 60ft long 2-in-1 power/video cables, HM245 covers all corners of your home, making the installation and surveillance easy and trouble-free.

As the first DVR system of HeimVision, HM245 aims to provide our customers with practical functions, thus satisfying all our customers’ needs. The key features are as follows:

Supports up to 8 channels

1080P FHD image quality

Night vision up to 65ft

IP66 waterproof design

Motion detection and app alert

Video playback and download

Live view on mobile devices

Compatible with AHD / TVI / CVI / XVI / CVBS / IP cameras

Apart from all the features of HM245, the installation also affects the user experience. and how about the installation of HM245 DVR system? Let’s have a look:

1. Connect the cameras to DVR with the 2-in-1 Video/Power Cable.
  2. Connect a monitor to DVR via HDM/ VGA cable (Not included).
  3. Plug the Ethernet Cable to the DVR and your router.
  4. Power up the cameras, monitor and DVR.
  5.  Install the cameras where you need.

Comments

• I just purchased this. Of the 4, two cameras are faulty, but I’ve emailed support and will hopefully get a good response. The other two cameraS are working great, but I’ve not yet figured out the software on the DVR. Does it not keep a log of motion detection? It seems like all you do from the DVR is view the cameras? Is that correct?

• edited August 2020

Hello Errant,

Thanks for your question.

Could you please tell me what's the fauty of the two cameras?

Maybe I can help you.

The HM245 can keep a log of motion detection,

you can watch the motion detection via replay the video.

If you have any other questions,

please let me know,

thanks.

• Thanks for your response! Two replacement cameras are being sent, so I'm good there.

When asking about motion detection, I was hoping for an actual log of alerts, rather than having to search video for each event, which is tedious. There is definitely a learning curve with this system compared to my other one.

Another issue I have is alerts on my phone. When I get one and click it to view the video, I get an error message about "maximum video link." So again, I have to go back to normal video playback and search the footage.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I learn this setup, and will continue to post them here so that others can find them.

• Can you give more detail on how to set motion detection regions? I'm able to select the area I want, but don't see a way to save it. There is no Save or Set button.

• edited August 2020

Hello Errant,

you can change the device to factory settings first.

All are selected by default, and pink is the selected area.

Alarm function - motion detection - sensitive seat - settings,

right-click the mouse to choose to exit when the key is confirmed before saving.

A red light will flash if you set the device successfully.

• So pink areas will detect motion? Or are the pink areas blocked from motion detection? The software isn’t very intuitive, and the tiny manual is terrible.