Here's how you can invite your friends

Or use the form below to invite via email:
customize your invite message:
send this invite to my friends:
+ Add more emails
Or use this link to invite your friends elsewhere:
https://community.heimvision.com/entry/register/invite31register

HMD3 PIR misses too much ( change sensitivity or alternative) or defective

We have it out front and it misses many humans that are quicky coming by, or misses folks altogether who are more that 12-13 feet away. We are worried about someone who might be doing quick vandalism and leaving - (and to know they get recorded so we can prove it) so this does not work for us. Is there away to get more sensitivity ( even if that means more recordings) or is it that PIR is simply not good enough for our needs ( to slow to start, misses a lot) and we should find another unit that just does straight motion tracking (which?). We have deliver mean who walk fast , drop off packages and leave and NEVER get recorded or picked up. It has NEVER recorded our mail person who comes by everyday. Do we have a defective unit? Or wrong tech?

Comments

• Hello @steved ,

thanks for your question.

Could you please tell us your device's sensitivity setting.

In addition, you said the passersby are not recorded, is there an alarm message and video or not?

And is there someone caught in the video or not?

If you can only use Battery camera, that is not other recommended, HMD3 is already our most sensitive battery camera.

if you can use the power supply, we recommend you to use HM311 or HM212, HM612.

Thanks

• My HDM2 does a similar thing. It will only detect and alert when someone is walking away. Fails when someone is walking toward the camera.

• Hello @cptuell ,

Can you solve your problems from the solutions above?

If the solutions do not work, please let us know,

thanks.

• edited December 2020

Hello, I have the same problem with my new HMD3. It does not fire until the person is almost out of the camera's view point. It is set to the highest sensitivity, the battery is fully charged and I have a WIFI repeater installed with a good connection. I receive an alarm message and a video.

What solution can Heimvision offer me?

Please see the attached photos of the installed camera, and one example where the person walked down the stairs to the front door. You can see the camera only caught the person at the front door and not walking down the stairs. Thanks!

• Hello @Elizabeth ,

This is related to the location of the device and the speed of people walking;

because the HMD3 device is a low-power device, it is usually in a sleep state;

after the PIR detects the movement of the person,

it takes time from waking up to uploading the captured image (may be 1 More than a second),

if the person continues to move at this time,

the device will not be able to capture the picture and video before he moved;

if the person walks faster,

it may take several meters to capture the alarm picture and video;

it is recommended that the user adjust the position of the camera;

the best position of the camera is to face the moving people and objects;

not to be parallel.

Hope this works,

thanks