Or use the form below to invite via email:
customize your invite message:
send this invite to my friends:
+ Add more emails
Or use this link to invite your friends elsewhere:
https://community.heimvision.com/entry/register/invite31register

Delayed capture of events

Hello,

I recently purchased the HeimVision HMD3 camera and I've been having some trouble with the capture speed of events. I am using a SD card to save locally. What I'm finding is that by the time to camera kicks in the capture and event, the event has already passed and there is no usable content. The "preview picture" that is captured shows the event, but actually reviewing the camera footage, the event has already passed. It does not matter whether the vehicle is going left-to-right or right-to-left, the capture still does not trigger in a timely manner. I understand the street is quite a bit away and may be another issue for capturing, BUT, even the driveway next door will often miss or partially-capture events such as a vehicle pulling into the driveway, leaving or people on her driveway. Although the distance from the camera to the street is far, it's only about 7 feet away from her driveway and should be able to pick up movement that close.

Please see the attached pictures as a reference...

The event is captured by the "playback" dashboard which shows a white car captured as it passes by...

When I go to view the event, the video does not show any white vehicle passing by at all. It continues to record for another 20 seconds before the recording stops (as I have a 20s recording length set).

I was really hoping to use this for surveillance, but with such a high delay, I'm not confident that it would capture events (unless the event happened for a very long time) to make it a camera that will help my security. I already sent this to support but didn't really get an answer leading to a resolution. They had me check sensitivity (it was already high) and wanted me to reset my camera. ? Thanks.

Comments