customize your invite message:
send this invite to my friends:
+ Add more emails
Or use this link to invite your friends elsewhere:
https://community.heimvision.com/entry/register/invite31register

Cannot format 128GB Micro SD card

edited November 2020 in General

Hello-

About week ago I purchased HM311 along with 128GB Micro SD card. Setup was easy for the camera and I inserted my SD card and was able to format it without issues but I noticed few days ago when I went to view my SD card usage it said SD Card not readable. I then pulled the SD card and inserted it in my laptop and it read the card without issue and Fat32 was the format. So I thought maybe my card had issues so then I added another SD card in the camera and still would not detect even after rebooting. I then started return process and received new HM311 and inserted new SD Card in camera which it seen the card and when I went to format it said unable to format card. OK so what gives here? New camera and new sd card I am unable to format card? The SD card is not name brand just basic card which should not be a problem unless I need preferred SD card for the camera?

Comments

• Hello @sysadminII ,

thanks for your question.

1. Can the sd card be recognized by other devices?

2. Empty the sd card, power off the device, plug it in, and then power on

3. Check the status of the card.

What is your phone model and version, could you please give us some device details?>

You said you can't reset your device, could please screenshot that page to us, thanks.

If you think it's OK, you can also send me your device ID and your password via the private message,

thanks.

• Turns out the camera micro sd port seems to be faulty. I was able to take the card and view all the current video's on my laptop. I then put in new micro sd card in the camera and still would not detect or format. I received new camera and had no issues.

• edited November 2020

So this is strange.....

I just received new HM311 last weekend and new 128 GB Micro SD Card. I made sure I was able to format the card and everything was tested before I mounted the new replacement. I just checked my camera and when I clicked on my memory card to manage it says Failed to detect the SD Card... Could it be the manufacture of the SD card? The make of the card is micro center premium.

I will pull the camera down this weekend and see if the SD card can be seen by my laptop.